Friday, October 17, 2008

It's about that time...

I know it has been too long since I have last signed on to update. But they finally got around to blocking the Blogger website at work. As of Wednesday, October 15, I am 25 weeks pregnant. It sounds like a long time until you realize that means that there are still 15 weeks left. So far things have been going pretty smoothly except for some back aches here and there, but the chairs at work don't help with those at all. I have discovered ThermaCare for lower back pain. I have been using one everyday while I'm at work. The things are amazing...they last for hours.

I am on a mission right now to get the nursery just right! I decided to go with some different bedding instead of the Jungle Tales theme. The one I have chosen is more bold and bright and modern. It isn't very "baby" but I love it. Mom had an interior designer come in and give us some ideas of what we can paint the walls. I am thinking that we do a very soft, light brown on all but one of the walls in the nursery and then leave the additional wall to be the accent wall with a real pretty blue color painted on it, almost a teal color. It will go perfect with the nursery bedding.

I got a call from Marci yesterday asking about what we are naming our little boy. I still have no idea. I am seeing all of my other friends that are pregnant picking out names and getting ready for everything. I still have no idea what I want to name the little man. I think the hardest part is coming up with something that me and Jordan both agree on. We both want him to have a name that will be less common, we don't want him having the same name as 2 other boys in his class when he goes to school. I was thinking today and I came up with the name Caden...I love it, Jordan....not so much. Middle names are hard to think of too for that matter. I know I still have plenty of time to figure it out including a little while even after he is born. But I would like to have a name for him instead of me always referring to him as "baby." He is more than that....he is our son. I want to be able to address him by his name. Maybe I will have a baby name suggestion box at the shower. We don't like any of our family names so that makes it a little more difficult for us.

Right now I am on the road to restoring my credit...not that it is bad, but I want it to be as good as it can be. I have already paid off one of my credit cards since I have been pregnant and now I am working on the second one. I set a goal for myself when I found out I was pregnant and that was that I was going to be completely debt free by the time the baby is born. I need to start thinking about our future and being able to buy a home in the near future.

I scheduled one of those 3D/4D ultrasound for November 7. I will be 28 weeks then and they said that was perfect. I am excited to see what the little guy is going to look like!

I am going to try and keep up with this blog more!

2 comments:

the tichenor family said...

Hi Rachel, I just saw that you are following my blog... congratulations on your baby boy to be! They are such precious blessings. Hope you are feeling well! Post pictures of your nursery once you get it set up!

Tricia Keierleber said...

I'm glad you are blogging. If you need any decorating help, let me know... I'm pretty good at that if I do say so myself! ;)