Monday, July 13, 2009

Happy 1/2 Birthday Doodle!

You read it right...Caden Joseph (AKA Doodle) is 6 months old as of July 8th! So I decided to celebrate his half birthday by going out and getting a really, really nice starter SLR camera (this does in fact have to deal with Caden completely....he is my prime subject of photography). I have been thinking about getting an SLR camera for years! Now I have all the more reason to go for it. Here is the new addition to the family:

The new Nikon D5000

I feel like somewhat of a traitor, I used to be all about Canon. I have had a canon point-and-shoot for a while now and it is my favorite little purse accessory. I also have an HD video camera for recording all of Caden's special moments in lift and I am quite fond of that as well. I started to do research and kept on coming up with the same answers to the biggest difference between Canon and Nikon, it was always "It's mainly just personal preference." Well as you can see, I guess my personal preference shifted after talking to a couple of people and seeing actual photos. Here is a little preview of what the Nikon can do (It can definitely do much, much more when in the hands of the right/experienced person).









And of course I have to include pictures of the half year old boy!!!





No comments: